I decided to try out Home Chef and this is another one of the lovely meals they came up with. If I had to choose a favorite fish, tilapia would be my favorite, so I was excited to try this one out. Overall, this was not a bad dish, I was not a fan of the almonds, and could have done without the spinach. However, the fish itself was wonderful, and the veggies were fresh.
If you decide to try it out also, use my link to receive $30 off your first order!
1 Roma Tomato
5 oz. Green Beans
3 Thyme Sprigs
3 Parsley Sprigs
3 oz. Spinach
2 oz. Ricotta Cheese
12 oz. Tilapia Fillets
½ oz. Sliced Almonds
- Peel and mince shallot.
- Halve Roma tomato lengthwise.
- Trim ends from green beans.
- Stem thyme.
- Stem and mince parsley.
- Zest and halve lemon. Mince lemon zest.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Add shallot (to taste) and cook 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until just wilted. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and blot with additional paper towels to remove excess liquid. Let spinach cool slightly. Chop cooled spinach and combine with ricotta and half the lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to plate. Wipe pan clean.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Season cut side of toma – toes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat 1 tsp. fresh olive oil in pan used for spinach and add tomatoes cut-side down. Cook 2 minutes until browned. Flip and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Continue cooking 3-5 more minutes until beginning to soften. Transfer to a plate, wipe pan clean, and return to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tsp. olive oil to pan. Blot tilapia dry with a paper towel and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook 3-4 minutes on first side until evenly browned. Flip carefully and cook on second side 5 more minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Transfer to plate with tomatoes. Wipe out pan and return to medium-high heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp. water, green beans and a pinch of salt to pan. Bring to a boil, cover, and steam green beans 2-3 minutes until vibrant green in color and tender. Drizzle with 1 tsp. olive oil and toss with sliced almonds to warm through. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper .
- Arrange green beans and roasted Roma tomatoes on a plate. Place tilapia in front and top with spinach-ricotta mixture. Garnish with remaining lemon zest, minced parsley.