I decided to try out Home Chef and this is another one of the lovely meals they came up with. This is a very simple and basic dish to make, but came out wonderful. The chicken ended up being so juicy and the vegetables tasted great.
If you decide to try it out also, use my link to receive $30 off your first order!
2 Red Bell Peppers
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 ½ oz. Pimento Stuffed
2 Basil Sprigs
2 Chicken Breasts
2 tsp. Paprika
5 oz. Grape Tomatoes
2 tsp. Minor’s Chicken Base,
4 Thyme Sprigs
- Core and slice red peppers into thin strips.
- Peel and slice onion into thin strips.
- Mince garlic. Slice olives.
- Set aside a couple basil leaves for garnish. Stack and roll remaining leaves into a long cylinder and slice across the length, creating very thin strips (chiffonade). Reserve basil stems for additional flavor in braising liquid.
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper and sear in pan for about 4 minutes on first side. Flip and cook 1 more minute on the second side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Return pan with drippings to medium-high heat
- Add 1 tsp. olive oil, peppers, and onions to pan. Cook 3 minutes or until vegetables are just beginning to soften. Add paprika and stir to coat vegetables. Add tomatoes, basil stems, chicken base, and ½ cup water. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan along with any accumulated juices from plate. Add garlic. Arrange sliced olives on top of chicken, then top with whole thyme sprigs and basil stems. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan with lid or foil. Let chicken braise 5-7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Discard thyme and basil stems before serving. Serve chicken atop vegetable mixture and garnish with basil chiffonade and basil leaves.