I got accepted in to the Smithfield House Party which gave me the chance to try out this awesome meal from their site! I was very pleased with how this turned out and cannot wait to make it again. This recipe does make a large amount of food, so adjust accordingly.
- 1 Smithfield® Applewood Smoked Bacon Topped Pork Loin Filet
- 1 lb. dry penne pasta
- 1 (8-oz) pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 (15-oz.) jars Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese (Optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cut pork loin filet into small pieces
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over Medium-High heat. Fry the pork and bacon pieces for 7 to 8 minutes until well browned (Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to work in two batches)
- Add another 1 tablespoon of oil in the skillet over Medium-High heat; add the sliced mushrooms and sprinkle lightly with salt. Cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and return to pot; stir in pork and bacon, mushrooms and Alfredo sauce. Stir over Medium heat about 4 minutes until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with green onions and Parmesan cheese, if desired.